Flats can be supplied with an edge radius “R” which is equal to either “T’ or “T/2″, where “T” is equal to thickness.
We cater to orders in standard and specific length:
- a)Standard length 4 to 6 mtrs with 10% shorts down to 1 mtr.
- b) Customer’s specific lengths with tolerance + 50/-Omm.
Bars hot rolled 3 mm/mtr (max) & hot rolled & machine straightened 1 mm/mtr (max)
Surface Condition: On visual inspection, surface is free from harmful defects, eg. Crack, lap, fold, scratch, roll/pass marks, pits etc.
SIZES AND CONDITIONS OF SUPPLY
|Condition of Supply||Shapes||Sizes|
|Hot Rolled||Flat(W*T)||50*5 mm-125*34 mm|
|Hot Rolled||Round||5.5 to 250 mm|
|Peeled and Ground||Round||5-100 mm|
|Flats (upto 80*13)||Nil||0.15||0.15 mm (max)|
|Flats (above 80*13)||0.03||0.25||0.25 mm (max)|
|Hot Rolled Round||–||0.8%||0.8% of the size (max)|
5.8 (As per ASTME-112)
As Rolled Hardness
310 BHN (max)
As per IS-4163/ASTME-45 :THIN: 2.5 A, B, C, D max
HEAVY : 1.5 A, B, C, D Max
As per JIS G-0555 : % dA – 0.15 max
% dB + dC – 0.10 max
% d Tot – 0.20 max
All bundles tied with wire/strapping at 3/4 places.
Approx. bundle weight : 2 MT. max
Grade/HT. No. identification : By painted colour code and Heat Number written on each bundle / bar
Standard shapes and sizes of Spring Steel Flat Bars
1. RE Type
The conventional type is of Round Edge (RE) type, having edge radius approximately equivalent to thickness but not specified.
2. FL Type
Feather leaf type Spring Steel flats have edge radius of half of thickness and also have many advantages over RE type in terms of economical and technical aspects. Size – wise edge radius is be mutually agreed.
ROUNDS (HOT ROLLED)
ROUNDS (BRIGHT BARS)
FATIGUE GUARANTEED SPRING STEELS
Sunflag Steel, a pioneer in making Spring Steel, has come up with products in this category, which ensure the required fatique life to springs used in vehicles, in the most demanding situations.
THE SALIENT FEATURES OF THESE PRODUCTS ARE :
- Use of virgin inputs in steel making such as DRI, Pig Iron which are free from undesirable tramp elements.
- Carefully planned, steel making refining vacuum degassing and casting processes.
- Well controlled reheating and rolling process.
- Closely monitored cooling parameters of rolled products.
- Thorough inspection and testing.
- Proper packing, stacking and storage for despatch.
- Wide size range.